Come explore the exciting opportunity to contribute within a growing organization! Pathways Home Health & Hospice is celebrating over 38 years of service in the Greater Bay Area and has an immediate job opening. We are currently seeking a motivated After Hours/Visiting Registered Nurse (RN). This position is responsible for providing skilled nursing visits to patients and their families as requested by the Triage Nurse.
After Hours covers visiting and caring for hospice patients between the hours of 5pm to 8:30am Monday through Sunday. The work week and hours for this position will be scheduled by After Hours Management. Generally the hours can be flexible depending on Agency needs and your availability.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The After Hours Admissions/Visiting Registered Nurse (RN) admits patients to service, assesses the patient’s and family’s physical, psychosocial, environmental, safety and developmental needs. They develop an individualized plan of care based on their assessment and document their observations and interventions related to the patient's environment. The ideal candidate coordinates care with a multidisciplinary team, and participates in the hospice program's quality assessment performance improvement program. He or she will obtain informed consent from patients and families, and assist in completing forms required for Hospice and Home Health admission per regulations. This individual also performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training for this position in alignment with the goals and mission of Pathways Home Health & Hospice.
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license; PHN preferred
- Minimum one year experience as a professional nurse within the last three years or a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing
- At least one year of acute care experience required
- Hospice or Home Health care experience preferred
- Current CPR Certification
- Must be highly motivated, self directed, flexible, and able to work well and participate in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Excellent nursing assessment, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Current California driver’s license and automobile insurance with minimum Bodily Injury Liability coverage Insurance per agency policy
- Current CPR Certificate– American Heart Association “BLS Health Care Provider” requested upon renewal