The Financial Analyst will provide informational and analytic support to the strategic and operational management team at Pathways. This position will be responsible for coordinating the development, analysis and presentation of business cases, business process and operational improvement models in support of identifying improvement opportunities. This position will work closely with the various teams, providing support for performance improvement, revenue enhancement and cost reduction projects; provides technical advice, project management, and written deliverables to facilitate achievement of the agency’s budgetary and operational strategic objectives.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop and/or refine existing tools and processes to conduct updated cost assessments using advanced Excel and/or Access skills.
- Collaborate with Controller to develop and maintain quantitative analytical processes and tools to collect, analyze, track and report on business case performance that meet the organization’s operational and financial goals.
- Partners with Quality to use data in analysis and development of performance.
- Conducts presentations to leadership in order to provide analytics for the purpose of identifying areas of improvement.
- Provide proactive support to identify, analyze and make recommendations on improvement opportunities.
- Support Executive, Operational and Clinical leaders with financial analysis, reporting, and data/statistical measurements as required
- Develop data collection and appropriate analytical tools, models and processes
- Interpret and provide recommendations on data concerning financial trends and economic/business forecasts as they relate to the performance metrics
- Perform special assignments or projects as directed. (Example: gather information, assemble spreadsheets, develop templates, write reports, and review financial information.)
- Serve on committees and task forces, as assigned.
- Supports financials, cost reports and tax reporting as back up to the Controller.
- Pursue continuing education to advance knowledge of healthcare operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Healthcare Management or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in an analytical position, with demonstrated progression and responsibilities. Healthcare and not for profit experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of decision support systems, cost accounting principles, and financial systems.
- Highly knowledgeable regarding business systems and proficient at navigating the complexities of organizational decision making.
- Possesses a distinctive blend of business, financial, critical thinking and communication skills, with the ability to clearly deliver written and verbal communications to a diverse audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence in financial, operational and clinical communities.
- Time management and the ability to work on multiple projects at one time are vital.
- Possesses effective and clear presentation skills in order to effectively convey analytical information.
- Proficient to expert use of spreadsheet, database, presentation and word processing applications are required.
- Proficient in data mining of financial and operational data for effective reporting and analysis.
- SQL database and report writing experience a plus.