For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care and Care Management services. We provide care at home or in settings such as assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital. We have offices in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland. Patients and their families know us for our personalized, high quality care, delivered with empathy, kindness, and respect. We are seeking an experienced and compassionate Hospice Physician to join our team. Come contribute your clinical knowledge to our patients, clinical staff and to expanding programs with our community partners.
Title: Care Transition Cooridinator - Sales
Schedule: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Office is in Sunnyvale; the territory is Palo Alto and the surrounding area.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Care Transition Coordinatoris responsible for planning, organizing and implementing sales activities within skilled nursing facilities, residential care institutions, other community organizations and the medical community as assigned. The ideal candidate will increase the market share within their defined region through the use of territory management, relationship management and selling skills. This individual is responsible to promote the sales of all service lines: home care, hospice and private duty services and any transition programs or specialty programs within those services. He/She performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Achieves/exceeds assigned sales goals through consultative and value based selling skill techniques
- Develops and executes territory account strategies with specific goals and objectives to maximize business opportunities in accordance with the sales operation plan.
- Sets challenging goals, creates critical action steps, and uses resources to capitalize on opportunities and issues that positively impact Pathways business objectives.
- Responsible to meet sales call productivity objectives for all accounts
- Facilitates the process to make referrals to Pathways as needed. Begins referral process and coordinates with the Intake Department to complete referral.
- Develops excellent rapport and credibility with customers and establishes strong customer relationships
- Builds strong internal and external networks that are beneficial in achieving company objectives
- Serves as home care, hospice, and private duty educational resource; defines and interprets agency services, criteria, and policies to facility staff and other community resources.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Pathways service lines, competitor and industry information.
- Maintains a daily record of activities and contacts in HCRM
- Attends Community Relations and other Pathways meetings as required.
- Creates and implements a program of professional and personal development to promote personal growth and experiences.
- Follows all company policies and procedures and complies with all applicable regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse, licensed to practice in the state of California required.
- 2 years demonstrated health care customer service skills; sales and marketing experience required.
- Knowledge of home health and /or hospice services preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic, mediation and negotiating skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and public presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning abilities.
- Current California driver's license and automobile insurance