POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Quality and Education develops and provides educational activities in home health and hospice. Establishes an on-boarding infrastructure and develops home health and hospice preceptors. Collaborates on the development of clinical pathways for chronic illness management. Directs and coordinates preceptor program, orientation and ongoing training activities and develops and monitors the orientation and training expense budget. Recommends and coordinates the development of new education programs and services and assures the development of clinical competencies. Collaborates with academic programs to assure appropriate clinical experience.
Leads and oversees the development, implementation and assessment of the Pathways Home Health and Hospice Quality Improvement program. Champions the organization’s mission to continuously improve the quality and service of care; directs and oversees the development, implementation and assessment of quality for the Home Health and Hospice programs.
- Current licensure as RN in State of California
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required; master's degree in nursing or relevant field preferred.
- Five years minimum of Home Health and/or Hospice management, education & quality experience required; and precepting experience preferred.
- One year minimum experience in disease management programs.
- One year minimum experience in health care information systems, preferably in a home health setting.
- OASIS C certified or will become certified within the first year of employment.
- Demonstrated management/leadership skills.
- Knowledgeable of statistical methods, including: collection, analysis and presentation.
- Proficient in Word, power point, excel and access database. Experience with home health data management systems preferred.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of accreditation, health care regulations and standards. Home Health & Hospice Survey experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and problem-solve.
- Valid California drivers’ license and automobile insurance.