The Clinical Care Transition Coordinator develops Home Health, Hospice and Palliative Care referrals received from hospital case managers, care coordinators, social workers, and physicians. Communicates Pathways Home Health and Hospice services, patient criteria and agency policies to referral sources. The Liaison nurse is responsible for promoting an increase in volume of referrals and admissions through excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
- Registered Nurse preferred or Licensed Vocational Nurse, licensed to practice in the State of California.
- Minimum nursing experience: one year of Acute Care Hospital plus one year of Hospice or Home Health nursing experience.
- Knowledge of managed care approach to health care delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone interviewing assessment skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of agency services, requirements and governing regulations. Knowledge of community resources and requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently.
- Possess self-confidence and a positive can do attitude.
- Must have the ability to cross train into neighboring functions.
- Must flex work schedule and hours based on patient and organizational needs, including occasional weekends and holidays.
- Possess strong customer services approach.
- Must have the ability to perform in a team environment.
- Current California Driving License.
- Valid automobile insurance.
- Current CPR Certification.