The Clinical Care Transition Coordinator develops Home Health, Hospice and Palliative Care referrals received from hospital case managers, care coordinators, social workers, and physicians. Communicates Pathways Home Health and Hospice services, patient criteria and agency policies to referral sources. The Liaison nurse is responsible for promoting an increase in volume of referrals and admissions through excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Achieves/exceeds assigned sales goals through consultative and value based selling skill techniques
- Develops and executes territory account strategies with specific goals and objectives to maximize business opportunities in accordance with the sales operation plan.
- Sets challenging goals, creates critical action steps, and uses resources to capitalize on opportunities and issues that positively impact Pathways business objectives.
- Responsible to meet sales call productivity objectives for all accounts
- Facilitates the process to make referrals to Pathways as needed. Begins referral process and coordinates with the Intake Department to complete referral.
- Develops excellent rapport and credibility with customers and establishes strong customer relationships
- Builds strong internal and external networks that are beneficial in achieving company objectives
- Serves as home care, hospice, and private duty educational resource; defines and interprets agency services, criteria, and policies to facility staff and other community resources.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Pathways service lines, competitor and industry information.
- Maintains a daily record of activities and contacts in HCRM
- Attends Community Relations and other Pathways meetings as required.
- Creates and implements a program of professional and personal development to promote personal growth and experiences.
- Follows all company policies and procedures and complies with all applicable regulations and laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in a related field
- Current Knowledge of home health and /or hospice practice preferred.
- Demonstrated health care customer service skills; sales and marketing experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic, mediation and negotiating skills.
- Professional appearance and ability to represent Pathways in a positive professional manner.
- Customer service orientation and desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and public presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minmal supervision.
- Word processing and computer skills.
- Effective functioning in a team-oriented environment.
- Current California driver's license and automobile insurance.