Come explore the exciting opportunity to contribute within a growing organization! Pathways Home Health & Hospice is celebrating over 40 years of service in the Greater Bay Area and has an immediate opening. We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Manager of Clinical Support Services.
Position Title: Manager of Clinical Support Services-Social Work
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Manager of Clinical Support Services is responsible for regulatory and clinical oversight of the social workers and spiritual care staff of both the hospice and home health departments.
Collaborates with the Volunteer Coordinator in the planning and logistics of ongoing volunteer training, recognition and retention activities.
- Collaborates with the Bereavement Coordinator in the planning and logistics of ongoing workshops, memorial events, training and educational opportunities.
- Maintains volunteer hour’s databases; keeps current time logs for all agency volunteers including patient services, bereavement services, office support, special events, special projects, bereavement and volunteer committee meetings.
- Prepares and distributes monthly reports for Clinical Services team to assure compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards; prepares and distributes reports as scheduled and/or as requested.
- Oversees all bereavement mailings including family letters, pamphlets, seasonal newsletters and event invitations; maintains mailing lists and labels; tracks expenses for printing and postage
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with the skills and training and the goals and mission of the Agency
- Provides personnel management for assigned social services and spiritual care staff, including hiring, orientation, evaluation, staff productivity monitoring, staffing levels and payroll authorization.
- Assures qualified preceptors are identified to mentor and train new staff.
- Provides or makes provision for clinical and organizational supervision to those providing medical social services, including MSW interns assigned to the social services program.
- Coordinates with education staff to assure provision of in-service programs for clinical support services staff.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with community resources and other community providers.
- Participates in quality improvement activities related to areas of practice as appropriate.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulations pertinent to the delivery of home health and hospice services and conducts department operations in a manner to be in compliance with such regulations.
- Completes other Clinical Services department projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
- Masters in Social Work from an accredited school
- California LCSW preferred
- A minimum of two years of work experience in hospice and/or a home health setting
- A minimum of one year of Supervisory experience in a health care setting
- Experience, demonstrated competence and comfort working with terminally ill patients and families in crisis
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health systems, resources and financial/social aid programs
- Current California driver’s license and automobile insurance