The Director Sales is primarily responsible for the successful achievement of annual referral and admission goals through effective sales. This position monitors the market environment and adapts strategies to fit the changing market. This position will develop sales strategies train sales staff and their managers; and participate in the evaluation of the sales staff. He or she works with the members of the executive team for major business development initiatives as well as VPs, Directors and managers to develop local referral sources, train and evaluate sales staff and increase all program census levels.
- Reports directly to, and receives direction and supervision from the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Provides direction to sales staff and their managers.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Oversight of Sales Program and Sales Staff
- Analyzes market conditions, business volumes, and competition and profit factors to forecast sales strategies.
- Develops monthly and annual sales plans, strategies and tactics for the service areas to enhance Pathways’ competitive position.
- Coordinates specific objectives of the sales plan with other departments.
- Analyzes and further develops the division of the sales force in the various territories and markets to assure all market segments are covered.
- Partners with operations counterparts to ensure good customer service, sales staff oversight and continued growth.
- Executes the sales plan to meet or exceed the objectives of Pathways’ strategic plan, including budgeted revenue and volumes.
- Directs, develops and trains sales associates, including making joint sales calls
- Runs monthly sales meetings in collaboration with sales staff managers.
- Proactively monitors and reports on issues affecting the service area, including competitive pressures, talent, recruiting, market and industry movements and other business and customer challenges that impact Pathways’ growth.
- Defines and manages monthly and annual sales objectives for field sales personnel; reports out to upper management.
- Develops and maintains sales compensation plans.
- Identifies internal barriers to growth.
- Facilitates communications between Pathways and referral sources such as skilled nursing and assisted living facilities to ensure regulatory compliance and good working relationships.
- Oversees resolution of conflicts between referral sources and Pathways employees, practices, or policies.
- Oversees sales associates:
- Coaches the development of account profiles and account plans
- Receives routine reports and daily activity logs
- Participates in performance evaluations
- Ensures collaboration with admit and intake nurses
- Works in conjunction with Director of Contracts to obtain, update and maintain facility and payor contracts.
- Develops Sales Reports for distribution to Executive and Management teams.
- Works to improve personal knowledge and sales management skills to become of greater value to current and potential customers and to Pathways.
- Participates in or attends community functions as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and with the mission and goals of the organization.
- A Master’s Degree preferred in business, marketing, finance, healthcare, or nursing. A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience in marketing, sales, commercial sales in US pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, medical device, healthcare product and service, or in large-scale home health or hospice.
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills.
- Current, in-depth knowledge if current trends in healthcare industry.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills; uses language effectively to persuade others; is an effective negotiator.
- Excellent sales skills
- Proven ability to:
- Approach, network with and influence healthcare executives
- Manage a sales team effectively
- Analyze data and derive direction from analysis
- Generate and maintain relationships with new and existing accounts payors and other health care organizations
- Speak dynamically in public
- Organize and manage time well
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work independently
- Handle stress and fast pace
- Think and act strategically
- Be persistent and resilient