TITLE: Sales Manager
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, Ca
SCHEDULE: Full Time, Exempt
WAGE: Base Salary Plus Bonus
OVERVIEW: For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care and Care Management services. We provide care at home or in settings such as assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital. We have offices in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland. Patients and their families know us for our personalized, high quality care, delivered with empathy, kindness, and respect.
The Sales Manager is primarily responsible for the successful achievement of annual referral and admission goals through effective sales. This position will develop the sales team, develop admission targets that are aligned with budget volume achievement; and evaluate the sales staff. He or she works closely with the Director of Business Development and other members of the executive team regarding major business development initiatives to develop community partnerships to increase and maintain all program census levels.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Directs, develops and trains sales associates
- Coaches the development of account profiles and account plans
- Receives routine reports and daily activity logs
- Performs performance evaluations for the sales team
- Provides input to the care transition department performance evaluations
- Runs monthly sales meetings in collaboration with sales staff managers
- Executes the sales plan to meet or exceed the objectives of Pathways’ strategic plan, including budgeted revenue and volumes.
- In collaboration with the Director of Business Development, defines and manages monthly and annual sales objectives for field sales personnel
- Partners with operations counterparts to ensure good customer service, sales staff oversight and continued growth.
- Develops monthly and annual sales plans, strategies and tactics for the service areas to enhance Pathways’ competitive position.
- Analyzes market conditions, business volumes, and competition to provide input for forecast sales strategies.
- Coordinates specific objectives of the sales plan with other departments as appropriate.
- Analyzes and further develops the division of the sales force in the various territories and markets to assure all market segments are covered.
- Proactively monitors and reports on issues affecting the service area, including competitive pressures, talent, recruiting, market and industry movements and other business and customer challenges that impact Pathways’ growth.
- Identifies internal barriers to growth and provides solutions.
- Facilitates communications between Pathways and referral sources such as skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, physician groups, hospitals, etc. to ensure regulatory compliance and good working relationships.
- Oversees resolution of conflicts between referral sources and Pathways employees, practices, or policies.
- Develops sales reports for distribution to executive and management teams.
- Works to improve personal knowledge and sales management skills to become of greater value to current and potential customers and to Pathways.
- Participates in or attends community functions as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and with the mission and goals of the organization.
- A Master’s Degree preferred in business, marketing, finance, healthcare, or nursing. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience for home health or hospice services or related healthcare setting.
- Current, in-depth knowledge if current trends in healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills; uses language effectively to persuade others; is an effective negotiator.
- Skilled in the use of PC, Word, PowerPoint, word processing, Excel and other databases.
- Proven ability to:
- Approach and network with and influence healthcare executives
- Manage a sales team effectively
- Analyze data and derive direction from analysis
- Generate and maintain relationships with new and existing accounts payors and other health care organizations
- Organize and manage time well
- Provide excellent customer service
- Work independently
- Handle stress and fast pace
- Think and act strategically
- Be persistent and resilient
Recruiter Contact: Trisha Bingham, Director of Talent Acquisition, 408-773-4202, firstname.lastname@example.org