TITLE: Care Transition Manager (Intake/Admissions)
SCHEDULE: Full Time, Exempt
OVERVIEW: For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Private Duty, and Care Management services. We provide care at home or in settings such as assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital. We have offices in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland. Patients and their families know us for our personalized, high quality care, delivered with empathy, kindness, and respect.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Care Transition Manager is to supervise, provide guidance and assists the Care Transitions Team members in processing Home Health and/or Hospice referrals. This position works closely with the Director of Business Development and other operational departments to ensure efficient workflow processes are being maintained and that they satisfactorily meet the needs of our community partners, patients and their families.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manages and supervises daily staffing assignment needs for the department
- Supports and manages staff referral workload.
- Evaluates and advises staff on appropriateness of Home Health or Hospice services.
- Collaborates with physicians and discharge planner.
- Provides reports and audits per the direction of the Director.
- Assists the Director with follow up of complaints.
- Provides orientation and training to new staff.
- Participates in staff selection.
- Participates in maintaining and developing efficient work flow processes
- Participates in quality improvement activities as requested.
- Represents agency services to the community.
- Provides back up weekend support on an as needed basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
- Registered Nurse, licensed to practice in the state of California preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of home care, hospice or related health care experience within the past 5 years to working with the admissions and intake process.
- Two years of recent supervisory experience in a health care setting required.
- Knowledge of Hospice philosophy and Home Health and Hospice services, requirements and governing regulations and accreditation standards and payer coverage.
- Knowledge of managed care approach to health care delivery.
- Must be knowledgeable of agency services, requirements and governing regulations. Knowledge of community resources and requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Competence with Word, Excel and EPIC preferred.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Recruiter Contact: Trisha Bingham, Director of Talent Acquisition, 408-773-4202, email@example.com