POSITION: Human Resources Manager.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the direction and administration of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department; to include HR program development, as well as management and administration of compensation, benefits, and HRIS programs for the Pathways.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- In collaboration with the Director of HR, develops and implements strategic Human Resources goals and directions for Pathways.
- Under direction of the Director of HR, develops and assures the implementation of employee compensation and benefit programs.
- Assures compliance with wage and hour laws.
- Periodically reviews compensation ranges for internal and market consistency; recommends range adjustments as needed.
- Manages merit increases and rate adjustment processes.
- Periodically reviews benefit offerings, researches new benefit plans, makes recommendations regarding plan changes/additions and oversees the implementation of new or changed plan offerings.
- In collaboration with the Director of HR, manages employee benefit broker relations and oversees the annual benefit insurance renewal process.
- Assures compliance with ERISA, 550 filing, Audits and other benefit compliance regulations.
- Provides support to HR Staff on ADP WorkforceNow; train staff in HRIS operation of the system.
- Provides support to the Director of HR in the oversight of employee relations, assuring that human resources policies and best practices of human resources management are adhered to.
- Provides support to the Director of HR in compliance with all current and new employment laws:
- Stays current on State and Federal employment law changes.
- Provides support and assistance in the implementation of new employment law requirements and educates the Human Resources Department staff to employment law changes as needed.
- Monitors compliance of Pathways Human Resources Policies and Procedures, as well as Joint Commission standards and other applicable rules and regulations.
- Develops and submits to the Director of HR for approval HR Policies and Procedures for organizational approval in areas of responsibility.
- Provides expertise in the development of job descriptions; participates in job audits, reclassifications, and redesigns; assures that job descriptions are current and maintained; in collaboration with Director of talent Acquisition.
- Assures and oversees the performance planning and review processes, including annual performance reviews, competency reviews; and in consultation with the Director of HR, develop performance improvement plans.
- Provides expertise and assistance to employee coaching, counseling and disciplinary processes as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes reasons for separation; and reports on and develops action plans to address identified trends.
- Manages the Workers Compensation annual policy renewal process.
- Manages business risk insurance policies, including general and professional liability, property, crime, and directors and officers insurance.
- In consultation with the Director of HR, tracks, leads, and reports on the annual policy renewal process.
- Coordinates responses to claims against Pathways with the applicable insurance carrier.
- Analyzes selected Human Resources data, and prepares routine and requested reports and summaries; makes recommendations and develops action plans based on findings.
- Perform other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
- Bachelors’ degree in human resources, organizational development, or related field is highly desired.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience.
- Minimum of three years Human Resources management experience, preferably in the health care field.
- Knowledge of current Federal and California employment laws.
- Experience in developing, maintaining and managing compensation and benefit programs.
- Experience in creating, developing and generating reports from HR and payroll systems; experience using ADP workforce is highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills; enthusiasm for multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and HRIS operating systems.