The Weekend Receptionist/Administrative Assistant answers and screens incoming telephone calls; directs all calls to the appropriate person or department; orders durable medical equipment and handles the scheduling calls for the HHA department.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Answers and screens incoming telephone calls; directs calls to appropriate person or department for Hospice. Manages the volume of incoming calls appropriately and takes messages as needed.
- Looks up information in EPIC for clinicians and managers as needed.
- Processes reports and data entry for Hospice Departments including: Hospice Aide, Hospice Team support.
- Listens to HHA scheduler voice mail, process messages as appropriate throughout the day.
- Communicates weekend updates to HHA schedulers, DME coordinator and Administrative Services.
- Assures that the front office door lock automatically opens and closes at the beginning and end of each business day.
- Opens and closes switchboard; assures that phones have been appropriately transferred upon closing.
- Orders durable medical equipment per agency guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and experience and the mission and goals of Pathways.
- Two years of experience performing administrative/receptionist duties preferably in a medical setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in person and via telephone.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in PC-based word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, to multi-task and to effectively problem solve.