OVERVIEW: For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care and Care Management services. We provide care at home or in settings such as assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital. We have offices in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland. Patients and their families know us for our personalized, high quality care, delivered with empathy, kindness, and respect.
SUMMARY: We are looking for an advanced level Accountant to be a significant contributor to our Finance Team. The role will perform full cycle accounting duties from general ledger entries to preparing financial statements. The role will also assist the Controller with financial analyst. If you are seeking to advance your career into a Financial Analyst position, this will be an excellent opportunity for you to learn and grow. We are looking for a person with excellent communication skills and a willingness to roll-up their sleeves.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Prepares, data-entries, and posts all general ledger journal entries to record current months assets, liabilities and expenses, for month-end and year-end close.
• Processes computerized month-end and year-end closes.
• Validate reports from Accounts Payable, Payroll, Billing, and Accounts Receivable.
• Prepare and analyze Financial Statements
• Prepares accounting support documents, and lead schedule for audit files.
• Reconciles bank statements and GL asset, liability, revenue and expense accounts.
• Prepares Medicare PIP worksheets and reconciliation.
• Prepares cash analyses to determine cash flows and to increase investment value of cash.
• Manages petty cash.
• Participates in various financial audits.
• Supports the Controller with conducting financial analysist as needed.
• Conduct financial report presentations to executive leadership and/or department leaders in the absence of the Controller.
• Reconciliation of restricted and unrestricted of Pathways Foundation Grant.
• File monthly & quarterly statistical reports for the US Census Bureau, and other government agencies.
• Participates in quality improvement activities related to areas of practice as appropriate.
• Performs other duties as assigned consistent with skills and training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
• Update employee benefits enrollment for new fiscal year and prepare & key Group Term Life adjustment in ADP.
• Assists in the preparation, processing, and reporting of the biweekly payroll as needed.
• Provides back-up coverage for Accounts Payable and Payroll.
• Assists the Controller and the CFO with special projects.
• Five years of accounting experience with progressively increased responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Full cycle accounting experience from general ledger entries to preparing and analyzing financial statement required.
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles
• Advanced computer proficiency in Accounting systems and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook is required
• Expert use of spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications are required
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good organizational skills
• Analytical with strong mathematical skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Strong team player
• Health care experience is preferred